The Convivencia Alliance is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information we collect
- In general, you can visit this site without telling us information about yourself.
- When you donate, register online, contact us, or interact with us in any other way, we may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, debit or credit card details.
- If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. You can find out more information about PCI DSS here.
- In certain instances, we collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This is because when you, for example, request to receive services from us, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your personal information to respond to you and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for this purpose.
- In most instances, however, we will rely on obtaining your consent to our use of your personal information. This is the case, for example, where we seek to obtain your consent to receive email marketing.
- Email/SMS marketing: If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By opting in, you grant us the right to contact you for marketing purposes.
- Post/Telephone marketing: If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
How is information used?
- We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
- We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies or to ask you for feedback.
- We use your personal information look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We use your personal information to claim Gift Aid on your donations if you opt in.
- We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services. We may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our campaigns and activities. You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
- Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes:
(a) Marketing statistical analysis
(b) Customer admin and support
(c) Technical admin
Who is information shared with?
We will never share, sell or swap your details with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing or the monetising of your data. We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers or service providers only to provide the products or services you’ve requested from us.
- To trusted third parties who work with us in connection with our charitable purposes, to provide our updates and marketing information (subject to your communication preferences and our internal policies and procedures).
- We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect us, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
Third party websites
This website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Your right to Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
Should you wish to exercise these rights we require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records.
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the form on which we collect your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on suppression lists to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. Simply contact email@example.com to let us know your updated communication preferences.
Changes to this policy